Anyone who likes to listen to music has probably noticed that the speakers are responsible for good sound. Neither the CD player nor the Amplifier has as strong an influence on the quality of the reproduction.
However: Good speakers are still very expensive.
To some extent even very expensive speakers are made with low quality components that are more optically appealing than sonically.
This is the advantage of Do-it-yourself speakers:
- Open Source: you have the data of the chassis and the layout of the crossover
- You can determine the appearance
- High End quality is available at reasonable prices
- Even if you have your cabinets professionally built, the quality of hte sound reproduction is significantly better than with retail speakers of the same price
Our speaker kits include:
- Crossover components
- And when applicable: Bass reflex tube and damping material